- GCC compiler code size benchmark (maintained by our team)
- JFFS2 and UbiFS filesystems (parts of the Linux kernel)
- Chromium, the open-source projects behind the Google Chrome browser
- WebKit, a fast, open source web browser engine (used in the Safari browser).
- OpenStaticAnalyzer, a source code analyzer tool, which can perform deep static analysis of the source code of complex systems.
- DeepBugHunter, an experimental Python framework for deep learning research.
The Department sponsored, and was a co-organizer of, multiple instances of the Hungarian localized Software Freedom Day conference (sfd.org.hu - in Hungarian).