November 6, 2020
The European Union-funded Security Project VICTORIA is organizing its Final International Conference to be held virtually from 16th – 18th November 2020.
The research project, launched in May 2017, aimed to facilitate the investigation of law enforcement agencies (LEAs) after the occurrence of a criminal or terrorist act with advanced image analysis methods. For this purpose, the participants of the VICTORIA project have developed an open, ethical, and legal Video Analysis Platform prototype (VAP) that accelerates the image analysis process, yet provides reliable results. Dr. Alexin Zoltán (Department of Software Engineering) worked with the project’s Data Protection Advisory Board to ensure that the platform respects data privacy regulations.
During the three-day conference, the VICTORIA consortium will present the results of three years of intensive research work, including:
- A live presentation of the Video Analysis Platform (VAP) along with analysis algorithms developed during the project.
- Highlights from the Field Trials of the VAP by law enforcement agencies and feedback from law enforcement agencies about their experiences using the tool
- Presentation of the most important technical challenges and difficulties of the implementation, with special attention to the production of video and audio data
- Introduction to the VICTORIA Video Analysis for Investigations (VAFI) community and its Future
- Open Discussion on Video Analysis in the frame of EU Norms & Regulations.