Research around the Internet of Things area is of the utmost importance for our Department. Most of our research groups address specific parts of this field, ranging from embedded programming platforms, software quality and maintenance, and sensor modelling, to application development.
We investigate the interoperation of cloud, fog and IoT technologies and the analysis of complex systems created with them. We develop specialized simulators to perform this research, namely the MobIoTSim and DISSECT-CF-IoT and DISSECT-CF-Fog simulation environments.
Utilizing its decades long experience in compiler technologies, the Department has been participating in the development of the JerryScript project (https://jerryscript.net) and helped create its standard-compliant JS execution engine targeting connected embedded devices with constrained resources (the engine requires only sub-100K RAM and sub-200K Flash memory). Moreover, we have also participated in the development of the IoT.js framework (https://iotjs.net) built on top of JerryScript, bringing the concept of event-driven JS execution environments to IoT devices.
- 2018-2021: INDAIRPOLLNET, COST Action CA17136 Read more
- Secure IoT Software Platforms, Smart Systems Research Institute, Interdisciplinary Excellence Centre Read More
- 2017-2021: Internet of Living Things EU-funded National Excellence Project Read more in Hungarian (GINOP-2.3.2-15-2016-00037)
- Biological Research Centre of HAS
- Kitchen Budapest (KiBu)
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Syracuse University
- University of York
- Department of International and European Law of SZTE
Key People (in alphabetical order):
- Péter Gál
- Zoltán Herczeg
- Attila Kertész, PhD
- Ákos Kiss, PhD
- Gábor Lóki
- András Márkus
- Tamás Pflanzner