Árpád Beszédes obtained his PhD degree in computer science at the University of Szeged in 2005. He is an assistant professor, currently the Deputy Head of the Department of Software Engineering.
Árpád Beszédes has 38 publications with about 80 independent citations. He actively participates in several and leads some of the R&D projects at the Department, which are funded by the Hungarian state, the European Union or industrial partners. Árpád Beszédes is a founding member and is currently the director of accreditation of the Hungarian Testing Board, which is the official national board of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board.
- Static and dynamic program analysis
- Program slicing
- Reverse engineering, software reengineering
- Program understanding/comprehension
- Code compression/compaction
- Compilers (front ends, code optimization)
- Change impact analysis
- Software testing